The term of data security refers to the action of protecting personal or corporate data from corruption and unauthorized access. Meanwhile, the data is the raw information stored in databases, network servers, and personal computers. Data can be anything of interest, personal files, and market analytical or even confidential documents of a state or country.
Data security becomes major concern of large corporate and personal home user these days, as the unauthorized access of the data may cause numerous problems such as bank account details theft and client information database loss. The use of internet largely has made these larger corporates and personal user emphasized and strengthen their data security systems.
There are top 5 main threats that data security is facing :
1. Data missing, that refers to the unpredictable data or information loss.
There are several causes of data missing such as: Intentional action like deletion of file or program; Unintentional Action; Failure which includes power and hardware failure, software crash or freeze that causes unsaved data; and natural disaster.
2. Network attack. It is because of the data system vulnerability and software bugs attacks.
3. Virus or Trojan. A Virus refers to a program that can copy itself and infect a computer. This will include malware, adware, and spyware programs that cannot be reproductive. A Trojan horse can possibly make a hacker to remote access and perform various action on the target computer system.
4. Password theft. The important means of data protection are data or disk file encryption and decryption. So, password theft may cause illegal access to the confidential data or information that becomes the major threats in data security.
5. Human factors. It includes personal deception or information data manager or owner that recklessly lead to data security threats.
One of the data security vendors such as Recall recommend that Encryption becomes very critical to protect the corporate and personal user data. This security mechanism uses mathematical schemes and algorythmsto scramble data into unreadable text and only the authorized and trusted person that can do the decoding and decryipting using a certain key.
Another part of data security for computer usage is Authentication. Once the authorized person log on on the authentication form, he can deal with applications, files, folders, and even an entire computer system. This user authentication system may include a password, a one-time password, a smart card and fingerprint or even retina scanning.
The above 2 data security of preventing and protecting mechanism will be completed by critical data information backup. If all of mechanism do not work properly due to certain case, the best solution is to restore the data backup. So, it will not make any huge damage to your corporate business.